The Master Electrician Exam will test you on the 24th Edition of the 2018 Canadian Electrical Code Part 1, as well as the following Acts & Regulations:
- Safety Codes Act - Certificate and Permit Regulation AR 295/2009
- Safety Codes Act - Permit Regulation 208/2017
- Safety Codes Act - Electrical Code Regulation AR 209/2006
- Apprenticeship & Industry Training Act - Electrician Trade Regulation AR 165/2017
- Apprenticeship & Industry Training Act - Apprenticeship Program Regulation 119/2018
- 2018 WCB - Alberta Employer Handbook
- Employer's Guide, Occupational Health and Safety Act
- Safety Codes Act
- Administrative Items Regulation 16/2004
- Electrical STANDATA
The items listed above will be provided to you when you write the exam, but it is recommended that you become familiar with them in advance.
The exam is 7 hours total. It contains 2 sections; each section can take up to 3.5 hours to complete. You will be allowed up to an hour break between each section. See the Exam FAQs and the Becoming a Master Electrician Handbook for more information.
All Exam participants MUST register with the Safety Codes Council one week prior to the exam date. Any participants who did not register in advance may not be allowed to write the exam.