On June 8, 2020, the Safety Codes Council assumed responsibility for services related to storage tank management. These services are administered by the Storage Tank System division of the Alberta Safety Codes Authority (ASCA) and include:
- Permitting in areas unaccredited in Part 4 of the National Fire Code – 2019 Alberta Edition.
- Inspections of newly permitted flammable and combustible liquid storage tank system installations or alterations in unaccredited areas of the province.
- Routine and follow-up inspections of existing flammable and combustible liquid storage tank systems in unaccredited areas.
- Overseeing spill/incident reporting requirements for tank operators.
Municipalities that are accredited in Part 4 of the NFC(AE) will continue administering related permitting and inspections per their QMP.
- 19-FCI-018 – Certification of contractors for storage tank systems
- 19-FCI-015 – National Fire Code – 2019 Alberta Edition (NFC(AE)) storage tank system inspections and inventory control
- 19-FCI-013 – Use of containers, portable tanks and transportation tanks for the ongoing storage and dispensing of flammable liquids and combustible liquids
- 19-FCI-010 – Used lubricating oil indoor storage tank(s) supplying used oil fuel burning appliances
- 19-FCI-003 – Storage tank systems inside buildings
Tank/piping installation: $275/project permit fee
Tank/piping replacement: $275/project permit fee
System alteration: $50/tank permit fee
System removal: $50/tank permit fee
Annual operating permit: $75/tank
Search request: $20/location due prior to results being released