Storage tank management services are administered by the Storage Tank System division of the Alberta Safety Codes Authority (ASCA). These services include:
- Permitting in areas unaccredited in Part 4 of the National Fire Code – 2019 Alberta Edition.
- Inspections of newly permitted flammable and combustible liquid storage tank system installations or alterations in unaccredited areas of the province.
- Routine and follow-up inspections of existing flammable and combustible liquid storage tank systems in unaccredited areas.
- Overseeing spill/incident reporting requirements for tank operators.
Municipalities that are accredited in Part 4 of the NFC(AE) will continue administering related permitting and inspections per their QMP.
- 19-FCB-007 – Permitting And Inspections of Storage Tank Systems within the Province of Alberta
- 19-FCI-018 – Certification of contractors for storage tank systems
- 19-FCI-015 – National Fire Code – 2019 Alberta Edition (NFC(AE)) storage tank system inspections and inventory control
- 19-FCI-013 – Use of containers, portable tanks and transportation tanks for the ongoing storage and dispensing of flammable liquids and combustible liquids
Storage Tank System Work Permit (Tank / piping installation; replacement; or alteration) $225 plus $60/tank
System removal permit: $225
Storage Tank Search: $2o per address
Annual operating permit: $69 / tank
1. Safety Codes Council levy applies to the Tank / piping installation and Tank / piping replacement of $12 / permit.
2. Safety Codes Council levy applies to the annual operating permit of $6 / tank.
3. Additional fees may be charged for non-compliance to permit terms.
Other miscellaneous fees can be found here.
*Fees effective January 1, 2022