Most Safety Codes Council courses include final exams. Exams can be written on your schedule.
- Write online: all exams are written online, allowing students the flexibility to take exams on their schedule.
- Open book: students are permitted access to course materials, as well as any relevant codes and standards, during the course of their exam.
- Rewrites available: if you fail to pass your exam, you can rewrite it.
If you require a paper exam due to extenuating circumstances, please contact us.
Exams must be supervised. The Council offers two options:
- Online proctoring software: Students can use our online proctoring software to take their exams. A computer with a camera and a microphone are required for this option.
- In-person proctor: Students can have their exams supervised in-person by a proctor. Anyone can proctor an exam providing they
- Are not an immediate family member of the student.
- Are not a coworker that the student supervises.
- Are over 18 years old.
Information for proctors
Proctors will need a Council Connect account so that our program advisors can confirm that they meet the requirements and contact them if necessary. First-time proctors will need to fill out a form confirming that they understand their duties.