Report from Our Sub-councils – Fall 2020
Our sub-councils have been meeting via web conference to discuss the issues of importance to Alberta’s safety codes system.
Some highlights from the past quarter include:
- The Electrical Sub-council passed along information for the drafting of a STANDATA on grounding for farm services.
- The Barrier Free Sub-council discussed options for making the SCO training course material specific to barrier free design available to Alberta Architects Association (AAA) members.
- The Building Sub-council voted to support the issuance of STANDATA on the following topics:
- Existing Elevator Modernization/Fire Alarm Interface
- Building Permits Refrigeration
- Firestop Technical Judgements