Report from Our Sub-Councils: Q1 2021
Our sub-councils continue to meet via web conference to discuss the issues of importance to Alberta’s safety codes system. The following information provides an overview of many of the topics that were discussed in the first quarter of 2021.
- A working group was formed with industry from the Refrigeration, Air-Conditioning, Heating Association to review the National Building Code – Alberta Edition and identify issues and concerns relating to refrigeration.
- A new seat was recommended to represent the Energy Efficiency Industry.
- Recommended the adoption of CSA-B108-21.
- The Private Sewage Disposal Systems Sub-Council matrix was recommended.
- The Electrical Utilities Sub-Council matrix was recommended.
- Recommendations were made to Municipal Affairs for the consideration of the issuances of a STANDATA related to farm services.
Pressure Equipment Sub-Council
- Recommendations were made to Municipal Affairs to support the automatic adoption of the 2020 edition of ASME B31.1 and B31.5.
- Recommendations were made to ABSA for their consideration of AB-299 for the AB-505 and AB-524 codes.
Barrier Free Sub-Council
- Two working groups were established to review awareness and technical issues relating to barrier free design.
- A working group was created to look into elevator and escalator safety.
- A working group was created to research further the continuing education requirement for elevator constructors.