You can renew your certification using Council Connect.
If you are certified as a safety codes officer or a Master Electrician, you must renew your certification using our secure online system, Council Connect.
You may need to attach certain documents or report certain activities in order to renew. Ensure you are ready to renew by checking the requirements listed below.
Safety Codes Officer Renewals
Safety codes officers renew every 3 years. Renewing SCOs will need to provide the following:
- Continuing Education credits: SCOs are required to report Continuing Education credits to renew their certification. Learn more
- Agreement with the SCO Code of Ethics: As part of the renewal process, SCOs will be asked to agree to the SCO Code of Ethics. Learn more
- Renewal Fee: The renewal fee is $75 dollars for SCOs. The certification renewal fee is processed via a secure platform. Learn more
- Training requirements: During the renewals process, SCOs may need upload proof of completion for other mandatory training requirements. Learn more
Master Electrician Renewals
Master Electricians renew annually. Renewing Master Electricians will need to provide the following:
- Agreement with the Master Electrician Code of Ethics: As part of the renewal process, MEs will be asked to agree to the Master Electrician Code of Ethics. Learn more
- Renewal Fee: The ME renewal fee is $125 for an active certification and $150 for an expired, suspended, or cancelled certification. The certification renewal fee is processed via a secure platform. Learn more
- Code Update Training: Any Master Electrician who took their exam on the Canadian Electrical Code 2015 (23rd Edition) or an earlier edition must complete code update training prior to their renewal date in 2020. Learn more
What happens after you renew?
- As soon as your renewal has been processed, you will be given access to a digital ID card with your new expiry date. This typically takes 2 business days.
- A physical ID card will be mailed to you within 10 business days.