Current Code Update Training
Below is a list of current code update requirements. If you have completed your code update course, ensure that you have uploaded proof of completion to your Council Connect account. These courses are offered by outside institutions, and proof of completion is not sent to the Council automatically.
Master Electricians and Electrical Group A SCOs - Canadian Electrical Code (2021)
Code update training on the Canadian Electrical Code 2021 is required for Electrical Group A SCOs and Master Electricians and must be completed by March 31, 2022. Approved code update courses are available from the following organizations. Please contact them directly to register.
- CSA Group: 2021 Canadian Electrical Code Overview of Changes (self-directed)
- CSA Group: 2021 Canadian Electrical Code Overview of Changes (instructor-led)
- ECAA and Marex Canada: 2021 Canadian Electrical Code Seminar (please contact ECAA directly for more info)
- Marex Canada: 2021 Canadian Electrical Code Overview of Changes (self-directed)
- SAIT: Code 103 – What’s New in Code?
- NAIT: ELTR705 – Electrical Code Update
- Viable Solutions: Canadian Electrical Code 2021 Update Training
Please note: Due to privacy reasons, institutions that provide code update training will not send certificates of completion to the Safety Codes Council. You must upload the file on your Council Connect account under the upcoming renewal process.
Plumbing Group B Code Update Training
The new Plumbing Code (Alberta Private Sewage Standard of Practice Version 2021) will come into force in Alberta on November 1, 2022. All Safety Codes Officers certified in Plumbing Group B are required to complete the Code Update Training before October 31, 2022 and submit a certificate of completion to the Council. The certificate can be uploaded on your Council Connect account under the Renewal process as a scan, photograph, or Word document. The course will also count for five continuing education credits.
Training is provided by the following organizations:
Canadian Onsite Wastewater Training Institute (COWTI)
www.cowti.ca | 1-888-729-5139
(Use discount code SCO50 for a 50% discount)
The code update requirement applies to both active SCOs and inactive SCOs. If your status is inactive but you would like to reinstate, you will be required to complete the code update training prior to reinstating.